Dogs just like humans go through periods of anxiety and the effect can be rather telling. It is especially quite heartbreaking for pet owners to see their dogs going through such situations.
There is however some sort of good news in this regards as nature seems to have provided the remedy. Investigations have shown that CBD which is a natural derivative from Indian hemp has the ability to give quick and natural remedy to issues of anxiety as well as its symptoms without any of the associated side effects.
What is the fuss about anxiety in dogs?
Before taking out time to dwell on what CBD is about and the work it does, it is imperative that you have a proper understanding of what anxiety is all about. The simple fact is that just like humans, dogs are bound to face issues of anxiety throughout their time on earth. However, it should be noted that some of these dogs tend to battle with repeated anxiety which can have adverse effects on their lives. This may seem surprising to many as we expect the life of a dog to be pretty straightforward hence not many may be aware that they battle anxiety disorders just like human beings.
Statistics indicate that about 17% of dogs are faced with this condition during their lifetime. Some of the apparent symptoms of anxiety include pacing, fidgeting, barking, panting, and aggression.
How does CBD function on dogs?
Basically, each and every one of us comes with an Endocannabinoid system which is also known as ECS. The ECS is very much vital in the regulation of the mood of a person as well as how the person feels per time. The ECS system is very much vital in helping to regulate our mood per time. There are basically two receptors in this system namely the CB1 as well as the CB2. The CB2 receptors fashioned in such a way as to work along with CBD. They are located in the immune system and can lower the level of inflammation as well as pains the body feels per time. If you give your dog CDB on a regular basis, the ECS is bound to improve and you will notice some marked changes in them.
What are CBD dog treats?
Basically, CBD means Cannabidiol which is a substance which is one of the components of the cannabis plant. The first impression man may have of this drug is that it must have some psycho-active functions; however, that is not it. Its job is to give your pet the required calming feel without leading to it being harmed in any way with the attendant intoxicating effects.
Basically, CDB hemp oil which is an extract of the hemp plant functions by focusing on receptors that are located inside the brain, central nervous system as well as the organs which help in stimulating a relaxing effect.
Benefits of giving your Dog CBD treats for Dogs with anxiety issues
There are dozens of reasons why you ought to give your dog CBD pet treats. The reality on the ground is that there is an increase in the number of dog owners who are showing increased interest in CBD products for their dogs. The reason for this is simply those dog biscuits which contain the CBD have created another world for the care of pets and those who believe in the natural approach. Some of the benefits include:
- Pain solution: CBD has been proven over time to be a good remedy of pains especially those that emanate from the treatment of cancer as well as the aftermath of major surgical procedure. The major advantage is that it has minimal side effects on the dogs when compared with other treatments.
- Digestion: one other unique benefit of CBD as far as anxiety is concerned is that it is very useful in addressing issues of digestion. It is very useful for stimulating appetite and is also useful for combating inflammation.
- Mood effect: CBD treats can also be made use of in dealing with mood-related issues. When taking by the dog, it can help in separating anxiety, lowering aggression as well as giving the dog a calming and soothing effect.
- Sleep: CBD is also quite potent in dealing with issues of sleeplessness as it helps dogs that are suffering insomnia get into a sleeping mood.
- Dog seizures: there are very few things that can be as frustrating as seeing your dog battle with conditions like a seizure. The good news, however, is the fact that you can make use of certain products such as CBD dog treats to address such a situation. The good thing about this is that being treats, your dog will be quite willing to indulge in it.
Why should you make use of CBD dog Treats
Without doubt, the major benefit of CBD treats for dogs is that your dog will love it. In addition to this is the fact that they usually come in different doses and sizes with most of them having labels indicating the sizes that they would be most ideal for. This is very much good for removing the uncertainty that comes with attempting to ascertain the ideal tincture dose.
There are, however, a few things you must be mindful of when you are buying CBD for your dog. First and foremost is the fact that you have to be sure that it indeed has CBD in it. It is not enough to have a product labeled as having CBD content; you may also go the extra mile to verify on certain platforms if indeed the product contains CBD as it claims. It is also imperative that you closely monitor the dog after you must have administered the CBD treat to see how it reacts to it. You may choose to closely monitor the behavior and health of the dog for about one week and if you notice any real change, you may opt to increase the dosage administered to the dog.