20 Dog Treat Recipes : Dogs live off their doggy treats. You can tell just by the way they come running with their tails wagging every time you hold out a doggy treat. The way they happily munch on their treats can tell just how much they enjoy it. As delicious as they find it, you don’t know what’s in that store-bought dog treat. Is it really safe for your dog to eat? Does it contain any artificial ingredients? So how can you be sure to give your beloved dog a treat you know nothing about? Use our Dog Treat Recipes to allay all doubts
However, there is a solution to this problem either buy quality dog treats from reputable shops like Wüfers or make your dog their own doggie treats.. Here are 20 dog treat recipes with five or less ingredients that you can prepare for your dog in no time at all.Call it Dog Treat Recipes.
1. Peanut Butter Treats
Flour, peanut butter, eggs, and water, applesauce or mashed banana ,chicken or beef stock
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana
- 1/4 cup vegetable, chicken or beef stock
- bone shaped cookie cutter
Mix everything together to make a dough. Roll it out and use a bone-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the cookies. Bake for around 20 minutes.
2. Two-Ingredient Doggy Treat
- 2 cups 100% organic whole wheat flour* (or wheat germ, spelt, rolled oats — or a mixture of these)
- 2 (4oz) jars of pureed baby food** – beef, blueberry, sweet potato, chicken, etc.
Whole-wheat flour, pureed baby food (whatever flavor your dog prefers).
Mix together till it forms a stiff dough. Take a rolling pin to roll out the dough. Take a cookie cutter and cut out the cookies. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
3. Four-Ingredient Doggy Treat
Chunky peanut butter, eggs, ,banana, and wheat flour
- 1 small overripe banana.
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter.
- 1/3 Cup chicken stock OR beef stock for beef flavor.
- 1 Cup wheat flour.
- 1/2 cup of powdered brewers yeast (optional) (for flea treatment)
Beat the chunky peanut butter, eggs, and pureed pumpkin in a bowl. Add in the wheat flour and knead the mixture to form a dough. Roll it out and use a bone-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the treats. Bake for 5 minutes.
4. Soft Banana and Almond Pup Treats
Eggs, bananas, almond butter, and cinnamon.
1 Organic Pasture Raised Egg
3/4 Cup Unsalted Almond Butter
1/3 of an Organic Banana
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
Purée the banana, then add the rest of the ingredients. Mix everything together evenly and put small dollops on a baking sheet. Put it in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
5. Carrot Apple Treats
Grated carrots, gluten-free flour, one egg, oats , carrot , oil, wate and applesauce.
- 2 ½ cup whole wheat flour.
- ½ cup oats.
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar.
- ½ cup apple peeled and grated (about 1 small apple)
- 1/2 cup carrots peeled and grated.
- 1 egg beaten.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil.
- ¼ cup wate.
Blend the above ingredients together in a dough form. Make small balls and place them on a cookie sheet. Bake until the cookies turn golden brown.
6. Wild Rice and Chicken Treats
Wild rice, shredded chicken, rice flour, egg, and diced parsley
- 6 oz . Boneless Chicken Breast, boiled or grilled; cooled
- 1/2 c . Cooked Wild Rice; cooled
- 1/2 c . Chicken Stock
- 2 1/2 c . All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp . Salt
- 1 Egg
Mix everything together. Place the mixture in a small muffin pan to bake.
7. Bacon Doggie Treats
Wheat flour, water, melted bacon fat, one egg, and wheat germ.
- 1 cup (255g) natural creamy peanut butter.
- 3/4 cup (180ml) nonfat milk
- 2 cups (244g) whole wheat flour* (measured correctly) with 1 Tablespoon baking powder.
- 1/3 cup (30g) oats (either whole-rolled or quick oats are fine)
- 2-3 strips cooked bacon, chopped.
Mix all the ingredients together till you form a dough. Take a rolling pin to roll out the dough. Take a cookie cutter and cut out the cookies. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
8. Chicken Dog Biscuits
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (see note)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 5.3-ounce container nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Chicken stock, oil, and whole-wheat flour.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix together till it forms a dough. Roll it out and cut as many shapes as you can. Place the biscuits onto a baking tray and bake for 10 – 15 minutes.
9. Gummy Doggie Treats
Beets, water, gelatin, and bone broth.
½ beet, handful parsley leaves or pinch turmeric
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
½ cup homemade bone broth (or low-sodium broth from the store)
Picked over carcass of one chicken, cut up, or 3 lbs of mixed pork, turkey, chicken or beef bones
4 cups of water
Puree the beets with water. Add in the gelatin along with hot bone broth. Place the mixture into gummy molds and put it in the freezer.
10.Banana and Peanut Butter Dog Treats
This easy-to-make, flavorful treat will definitely please even the finickiest eater.
- 1 egg
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter* (low sodium is a healthier choice for pets)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten, for brushing (optional)
Preheat oven to 300ºF.
Uncooked ground oatmeal, peanut butter, a banana
Mash the banana with the peanut butter and then add in the ground oatmeal. Roll out the dough and cut as many shapes as you can. Place the treats onto a cookie sheet lined with a piece of parchment paper. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes.
11.Carrot Pumpkin Dog Bites
Canned pumpkin, whole-wheat flour, shredded carrot, and one egg.
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (get the kind that has ONLY pumpkin in it)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten.
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the ingredients into a batter. Make small balls and place it onto a baking sheet to bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
12.Peanut Butter Pumpkin Doggie Delights
Whole-wheat flour, eggs, pureed pumpkin, and peanut butter.
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree (do not use pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup oats*
- 3 cups whole wheat flour, brown rice flour, or gluten free flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the pumpkin puree, eggs, and peanut butter. Keep adding the flour until a dough forms. Smooth out the dough and cut out the cookies. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes.
Beets, bananas, Greek yogurt, blueberries, and carrot sticks.
2 ripe bananas, cut into chunks
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/3 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1 slice raw beet
Blend all the ingredients together except the carrot sticks. Scope the mixture into a Popsicle mold and place the carrot stick right in. Serve the pops when they are completely frozen.
Bacon, water, blueberries, canned pumpkin, and carrot sticks.
Blend all the ingredients and pour it into a Popsicle mold. Place the carrot sticks into the mold as a Popsicle stick and freeze till it hardens.
Carob powder, vanilla extract, rice flour, water, and cinnamon.
- 1 cup whole grain wheat/rice flour.
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar..
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons carob powder.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds.
Combine all ingredients into a bowl. Knead until dough ball forms. Smooth out the dough and cut the cookies with a cookie cutter. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
16. Baked Sweet Potato and Salmon Brownies
Canned salmon, coconut flour, baked sweet potato, and eggs.
1 can salmon
1 medium sweet potato, baked in the skin
1/3 c. coconut flour
Coconut oil for greasing a pan
Preheat oven to 300F.
Mix coconut flour, salmon, and eggs and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then mix in the baked sweet potato. Grease a cake pan and pour in the mixture and put it in the oven to bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
17. Oatmeal with Peanut Butter Doggie Snacks
Unbleached organic flour, hot water, oats, and peanut butter.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (make sure it does NOT contain artificial sweeteners such as xylitol)
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
Preheat oven to 350F.
Mix all ingredients and knead out the dough. Roll it out and use a bone-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the doggie snacks. Bake for around 20 minutes.
18.Banana Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits
Whole-wheat flour, oats, eggs, a baked sweet potato, and a banana.
- 1/4 cup Whole Oats
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 Banana
Preheat oven to 350F.
Mash the baked sweet potato and banana and add in the oats, eggs, and wheat flour until a dough starts to form. Roll out the dough and use a bone-shaped cookie cutter to make the biscuits. Place them onto a baking pan lined with a piece of parchment paper and put the tray in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
19. Four-Ingredient Cheese Treats
Flour, oil cheddar cheese, and water.
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt (plus a bit more for garnish, if desired)
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour.
- 4 TB cold butter, cut into small cubes.
- 1 1/2 cups high quality sharp cheddar, grated.
Mix the cheese and flour together. Add in water and oil until a stiff dough is formed. Roll out the dough and use your preferred cookie cutter to cut out the shapes. Place onto a cookie sheet and into the oven for 20 minutes.
20 Pumpkin Pie Cookies
- 16 oz. can of pumpkin (plain)
- 8 oz. plain low-fat yogurt
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, or a mixture of all-purpose and whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
Mix the ingredients until a dough starts to form. Take a rolling pin to roll out the dough. Cut out the cookies and place them onto a baking pan lined with a piece of parchment paper. Bake until the cookies turn nice and soft.
“However, if you are the busy type buy quality
dog treats from reputable shops like Wüfers