Clear all

Help Needed - Food Allergies in Dog

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter  

Hi All,

its been a while since I posted but looking for some help. We have recently moved back to Wales and so the areas we walk the dog slightly changed (lots of fields). She has also become more anxious due to sometimes being able to hear the firing at the local range (we didn't realise you could hear it as far as where we are) and she came up with an itchy rash that wouldn't stop. She's now on steroids to help (and they are helping a bit) but she also had bloods done as they suspected allergies and I got the results back today.

She is showing an allergic response to the following: Beef, Lamb, Chicken, Turkey, Soybean, Corn, Wheat, Rice, Peas, Rye grass, Bermuda grass, timothy grass, ragweed, russian thistle, rapeseed, birch, privet, oak, house dust mite and two types of storage mite.

We are hoping to do a three pronged approach - elimination diet for the food, immunotherapy for the remaining allergies and behaviourist (and possible medication) for the stress. My biggest concern is the food. She's really fussy. She was on a low fat diet (due to chronic pancreatitis) and the only food we could get her to eat was winalot. we tried so many (including raw and homemade) but she is very fussy. She will not touch dry food. The only suitable food i've found so far is a dry one called Simpson's sensitive.

Can anyone recommend a suitable food avoiding all the above (rice seems to be a difficult one to avoid, along with corn and pea), preferably a wet food.

I look forward to any advice you can give me!

Share: