8 Signs Your Dog Is In Pain And Trying To Hide It. 8th sign can be fatal.
1. Energy - If your dog is acting more lethargic than usual it may mean he or she isn't feeling well
2. Gait - Changes in a dog's walk, like limping, hobbling or favoring one leg over another, is a good indication that something is hurting your pet
3. Eyes - They can also be very telling. Bloodshot and dilated or constricted pupils can be a sign something is awry
4. Appetite - A dog disinterested in food either means the dog is sick
5. Demeanor - Some dogs can become defensive when they are hurting. If an otherwise friendly, well-behaved pup is snaps at you, you may want to take him or her to the vet to get check out.
6. Posture - If a dog is hunching over, fidgety, or particularly rigid it may mean they aren't feeling well
7. Breath - Fast, shallow breaths or excessive panting for no discernible reason could be a sign your dog isn't feeling well
8.Cold colorless gums. It is a tell tale sign of internal bleeding. This happened to a Buzzsharer community member , Matt Alt ,Lab dog twice, and both times she had cancerous tumors that had ruptured.The first time was on her spleen, and was able to have emergency surgery. The second was a tumor on her heart, and had to put her down
If you know of any other symptoms, please let us know and we will add to save the lives of more dogs
Edited: 1 month ago