1. Energy – If your dog is acting more lethargic than usual it may mean he or she isn’t feeling well
2. Gait – Changes in a dog’s walk, like limping, hobbling or favoring one leg over another, is a good indication that something is hurting your pet
3. Eyes – They can also be very telling. Bloodshot and dilated or constricted pupils can be a sign something is awry
4. Appetite – A dog disinterested in food either means the dog is sick
5. Demeanor – Some dogs can become defensive when they are hurting. If an otherwise friendly, well-behaved pup is snaps at you, you may want to take him or her to the vet to get check out.
6. Posture – If a dog is hunching over, fidgety, or particularly rigid it may mean they aren’t feeling well
7. Breath – Fast, shallow breaths or excessive panting for no discernible reason could be a sign your dog isn’t feeling well